'CONNECT' is a series of functional sculptures in the form of chandeliers made from reclaimed bicycle chain. This body of work is comprised of 33 standard models that range in size from 1 foot to 10 foot height and from 1 foot to 4 foot diameter - all of these models can be customized to any desired scale.
All pieces shown are available for purchase. Facaro manufactures exclusive lighting sculptures on a small scale, most models are made to order and not in stock - inquire for available stock. Please note that due to the recycled nature of the material, no two can be exactly identical, ultimately making them on of a kind.
• Caro puts her heart and soul in producing the lighting sculpture which gives each one a unique character
• Every Facaro lighting sculpture is supplied with a unique number and certificate of authenticity. This guarantees that you are in possession
of an original Facaro object. Be advised to keep this certificate together with your receipt of purchase in a safe place
• Facaro reserves the right to change the models from time to time without prior notice.
• Lead times depend on availability of the artist
• Each model is is titled by the order in which it was conceived. The numbers in parenthesis are the dimensions (height first and then diameter) of that model, i.e. C3 (20h12d)
• The bike chains have no finish - each chain is degreased and left in its original state. Chain finishes are available in copper, brass, and black nickel - inquire for pricing.
• All armatures have a matte black finish unless otherwise arranged
• Because these products are handmade and due to the recycled nature of the material, exact dimensions and chain color may vary slightly
• Studio visits by appointment M - F, 10am - 4pm
• Tax, Shipping & Packing are not included in the cost of the sculpture. Sculpture prices are based on dimension, complexity of form, and quantity of your order
• There is a $200 fee to receive a chain finish quote and/or artist sketch
• Facaro requires a full payment (sculpture + S&P) to secure your place in the queue
• All chandeliers under 150 lbs are supplied with 60” chain, 80” electrical cable and a ceiling shade
• All lighting sculptures are suitable for 110-120 volts and are supplied with 25 watt frosted candelabra bulbs
• Once the order is completed, Facaro can only store completed orders for up to one month. Completed orders stored for longer than one month are subject to a 10% fee per week
• Nearly every form can be customized for a 15% custom fee
• A 15% rush fee will be applied to expedited orders
• Payment Due Date is specified on the Invoice. A 15% late payment fee will be applied each week that payment is late
• Payment plans available upon request
• UL Listing is available at cost
click on images to view details
"Harris' favorite element in the bar area is the light fixture designed by Carolina Fontoura Alzaga using bicycle chains draped like elegant mesh. "That's a juxtaposition I love," he says. "A fancy chandelier made with old bike chains, in a New York townhouse."
- Neil Patrick Harris, Architectural Digest, March 2015
" Each F.P.JOURNE boutique around the world is built on the same concept, but with a touch of local culture. When a friend showed me a chandelier made by Carolina in a Geneva Boutique, I knew immediately I had to have one. As the ceiling of our Los Angeles Boutique is very high, Carolina created a special piece and it was the biggest she had fabricated. This chandelier has a very strong Californian identity, bikes and sun."